Care to Comment?

Posted: Category: Life as I Know It 9 Comments

9 Responses to “Care to Comment?”

• Bush hater?

MN

Anonymous — May 7, 2008 at 11:18 am
  • More just oversimplification of numbers to make them work to your benefit.

Anonymous — May 7, 2008 at 1:10 pm
  • The worlds largest oil reserve unable to be tapped due to an illegal and unjust war?

Bussom buddies trading on commodity futures and pocketing the cash while the population can’t afford to drive to work so they can put food (that they can’t affoard now) on the table?

Over simplification?

Brian — May 7, 2008 at 1:16 pm
  • OMG…wish we were still in those days!

Sarah — May 7, 2008 at 1:55 pm
  • You should do some reading:

Start here:

Sort by Production and Consumption by county. Then go here:

And think…hmmm, maybe there are other countries out there that might be adding to the demand.

The go here:

or here:

and realize that the war is not nearly the factor the 6:00 news leads you to believe it is. Demand is what is driving oil prices. This is not a supply-side problem. People WAY over emphasize the production capabilities of Iraq and think it really even matters. It’s China my friend – and I’m pretty sure you’re right that GWB is somehow responsible for China’s emergence.

Anonymous — May 7, 2008 at 2:03 pm
  • Please note, I think the image is a little bit off. It’s not ALL his fault. A lot of things have changed in the worl and one person couldn’t have caused all of this damage.

Well… Hitler did. (ponder, ponder) but I guess he had his groupies as well.

I undersatnd the effect the Chinese are having on the worlds economy. I deal with it on an every day basis, buying copper, aluminum and steel everyday. Again though I must stress that the cost of crude and all of the things down the line from it are fluctuating right now because of COMEX futures, not so much supply and demand.

Imagine that, I just recieved a supplier email saying that 2nd qrtr steel trading has pushed the forcast increase to 150% from last year at this time.

yay.

Brian — May 7, 2008 at 2:47 pm
  • Gas is still cheaper in the US than in several European countries…well maybe gas prices are the same, but the taxes are higher in Europe. America will innovate and adapt, right? Lots of reasons for high prices like supply, demand, traders, OPEC, the falling dollar, and don’t forget to blame all of the Byrne dorks with blogs!

Just kidding Brian (and other bloggers) – always an enjoyable read.

Jeff — May 7, 2008 at 11:15 pm
  • Hey… I can’t race for a month, what else can I do?

Brian — May 8, 2008 at 7:03 am
  • I 2nd this blog! Sad to say our President owns his own oil company…so why the heck wouldnt he raise the prices, so he can reap the benefits.

TG his time is almost up..

Anonymous — May 8, 2008 at 9:18 am