For Those of You That are Wondering…

Posted: Category: Life as I Know It 11 Comments

I’m still sick, so I have decided not to race tonight, Thursday or Friday. Basically, I’m off the bike until Rosanna and I get back from our Honeymoon on the 18th. I feel as if everytime I make a little headway and start to feel better, I go out and hammer and feel like dog crap the next 3 days.

I think I’m going to sell all my bikes and get back to golf. I was better at that anyway. Anyone want to buy a set of Spinergy wheels? How about some Easton Tubulars? a Scandium Cyclocross frame?

Rosanna beat me in checkers last night, I’m still a bit grumpy about it too.

Randomness. Love it.

11 Responses to “For Those of You That are Wondering…”

• Take it easy and get better, Brian. You don’t want to be sick on your honeymoon!

Emery — July 1, 2008 at 8:24 am
  • Hey Brian,
    First of all – CONGRATS on your recent union with Ro. Looks like you two had a great party! Second – sometimes when it feels like your fighting something and you fight back it often rears its head and will let you know its boss. The best thing to do – embrace it and work on the mental aspect so when you are feeling better you have doubled your capacity to be fit. I have some great book titles if your interested… (recent find: “Mind Gym”). Take care and see you soon!
    Jen

JT — July 1, 2008 at 8:45 am
  • Lame!

Heavy D — July 1, 2008 at 11:03 am
  • Go see a doctor and stay off the bike. The hammering is not helping the situation.

mt — July 1, 2008 at 3:52 pm
  • OK, I’ll be the crass one. How much for the wheels?;-)

Ryan D — July 1, 2008 at 7:43 pm
  • Spinergy wheels $600

Easton’s $800

Redline 54cm Scandium Team frame/fork $300

Brian — July 2, 2008 at 6:53 am
  • Don’t quit! You don’t have to race but you do have to keep riding.

T — July 2, 2008 at 8:21 am
  • Thanks T-Dog. I don’t think I could ever quit. I love the bike too much. The last couple of weeks have been pretty frustrating though.

Brian — July 2, 2008 at 8:24 am
  • Dibs on that fat dog of yours.

Evan — July 2, 2008 at 11:38 am
  • B-

This is your gut check… We all have them sometimes. Stick with the basics. Try to sit in more, build up slowly… Anyhow, golf is for old men. When should we tee off?

Brad — July 2, 2008 at 11:46 am
  • Yes, golf is a “save sport” – save for when you are retired and drinking prune juice.

Take heart; these down times do hit everyone. Take a step back and change up your training. Throw some variety in. Go for a road or trail run. Go hiking. Go swimming. Golf (remember the prune juice!). Tennis. Gardening. The point is do whatever other activities you are interested in.

Don’t rack it up all together, ride maybe once or twice a week at an easy, “smell the roses” pace.

By doing this, you may find in a few weeks that you are recharged and ready to close out the season on a strong note.

Also, go see a doctor if you have not done so!

mt — July 2, 2008 at 10:06 pm